If you thrive in a dynamic team environment and want to be part of one of the world’s top ten tyre manufacturers, this is the position for you. You will be carrying out several principle activities as a European Tax Operations Controller in our close knit Finance department.
What you will be doing:
- Managing a small team.
- Lead European tax operational issues: Identify the tax implications of direct and indirect taxes in Europe.
- Develop and improve processes.
- Ensure compliance with cross-border transfer pricing requirements, e.g. maintaining up to date documentation for all material jurisdictions.
- Support the European subsidiaries and Cooper US tax team in tax audits and related matters.
- Preparation of year end tax provisions for the UK and supervision of subsidiary’s year end tax provisions, in close alignment with the Cooper US tax team.
- Assist in the implementation of global tax planning strategies to minimize impact on cash tax and effective tax rate.
- Work closely with global tax team in the U.S., senior management and the European Finance Director to ensure coordination of tax consequences of operations
Co-ordinate and supervise submission of all European tax returns by the relevant statutory deadlines
Support the HR function in the delivery and submission of all employment tax related returns
Main point of contact for all amendments to access to HSBC.net banking system and all material issues arising in relation to the company’s day to day banking arrangements
Supervise direct reports in Treasury function
Supervise External Reporting and Compliance Manager’s preparation of statutory accounts
Main point of contact for insurance renewal process and co-ordination of information gathering in respect of insurance claims received.
Key skills & competencies
Ability to travel internationally as necessary.
A minimum 3 years corporate tax experience in industry and/or public accounting firm.
Experience of relevant tax accounting concepts.
Familiarity with international taxation of multinational entities.
ACA or ACCA qualified with at least 3 years PQE. CTA qualification is advantageous.
Strong tax technical and analytical skills, including tax research skills.
Balance of tax technical knowledge with practical application of tax rules.
Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
Great work ethic and integrity.
What can you expect?
- A full time contract based on 36 hours a week.
- Your daily dosis of fun with colleagues.
- The chance to travel for business.
- You get to work at an international minded company.